We love to keep you smiling and here are some interesting facts for you……
- The 2nd most common disease in the U.S. is tooth decay. The 1st is the common cold.
- The cotton candy making machine that made widely consumed cotton candy possible was co-invented by a dentist. Before it was “Cotton Candy”, the fluffy confection was called “Fairy Floss”.
- If you had to guess, what sport do you think causes the most dental damage when it comes to oral health for kids? -Yes, football
- We need to keep our teeth healthy because we use our teeth to bite and chew, but… Did you know dolphins only use their teeth to grasp? Dolphins can’t chew, because dolphins’ jaws have no muscles.
- Have you ever stopped to think how much saliva you produce? Surprisingly, the typical person produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva during their life. That’s enough saliva to fill 2 swimming pools! And the point to all that saliva? It actually helps neutralize acid and keep tooth decay away.
You can always find more of our Dental Fun Facts on